Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Small Teacher

Every couple of days and so, the teachers and the management staff in our school have the opportunity to greet students in the morning. So basically we stand in the front door, greeting "Good morning!" to every student.

And this morning was my turn. The air was fresh and lovely, and I was happy to see all the students--happy face, sleepy face--. Most of them were sleepy faces, actually.

I got everything under control, smiling all authoritatively, until this small, 1st grade student came to me. As he shook my hand, we had this conversation.

Small, 1st grade student: "Missnya kok kecil sih?"
Me: "Umm..."
Small, 1st grade student: (Looking up, waiting for an answer)
Me: (Trying to find something smart to say) "Umm... Soalnya... "
Small, 1st grade student: "Good morning."
Me: "Umm..."
So this small teacher was flabbergasted. I mean, how would you answer such question? Should I scream, "I'M NOT SMALL! Lots of your other teachers are smaller than me! I'm almost 160 cm, you know! Well, almost."

Yeah, like that would work.

Or maybe I should carry this picture around to show what "small teachers" look like.

Now, THIS is a small teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment